Monday, February 9, 2015

the beer situation

I've been writing songs for February Album Writing Month and today I wrote a song about the beer situation in Nunavut.
   

I don’t have beer
No, I don’t have beer 
I don’t have beer
Someone bring me beer

I live in a land with no roads
Everything’s flown in here
It’s pricey to ship things in by plane
And so, I do not have beer

We ordered beer on the barge
That comes in once a year
But the ocean froze before the boat arrived
And so, I do not have beer

Well, we watch the Super Bowl
Sometimes we raise a cheer
We have barbecues and curling leagues
But we do not have beer

There’s an extreme cold warning in effect
It’s minus sixty here
Better stay home, I need to stay warm
But I do not have beer

I don’t have beer
No, I don’t have beer 
I don’t have beer
Bring me beer please


You can check out the rest of my FAWM songs here