Monday, October 14, 2013

Canadian Thanksgiving in Nunavut


I read somewhere that the origins of Canadian Thanksgiving was all about the explorer Frobisher celebrating the fact that the land that is now known as Nunavut did not kill him. We too are grateful that Nunavut did not kill us and are happy to have spent our first Thanksgiving here in Nunavut with a bunch of friends who, as it turns out, are all great cooks.


I have strong feelings about turkey dinner and try to make sure I celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving, no matter where I am. I have celebrated Canadian Thanksgiving while I was living in Europe. I have celebrated Canadian Thanksgiving while I was living in Africa. Thanksgiving in Nunavut was wonderful; we had less of a challenge finding turkey and cranberry sauce and we had fantastic company.

Happy Thanksgiving!