Monday, August 26, 2013

the first snowstorm of August

Well, it did snow on Friday. I had been hoping to wake up to a winter wonderland so that a snow day would be declared, but the snow didn't start until I was actually at work.

 

But then, it just didn't stop. By the evening, the winds picked up to 90 km/h, and the snow began blowing sideways. Soon the view became a sheet of white. We closed our curtains and stayed inside.

The next morning, this was the view of August from my window. 



so much for going on a hike

wiping snow from the windshield

The winds created all sorts of havoc around town, including garbage cans, sidings off houses, and the boats in the harbour.

 


 my indoor house plants are doing fine though!

Can you imagine the Polar Bear Dip occurred only a few weeks ago? And that I was on beach on the hottest day of the beach? The seasons change quickly here in the North.