Wednesday, July 22, 2009

end of summer reflections

My stint in Vancouver is beginning to come to an end, and there were times when I thought I would be glad to finally leave, but as moving day looms closer, I can’t help but shaking the feeling that I am not finished with Vancouver yet, and I am sad to be leaving the West Coast. There is so much more that I wanted to see, and I’ve started compiling a list for the next time in the uncertain future that I come back. I never made it out to Olympia, home of some of my rock idols, nor Whistler (somehow!), nor the famous Okanagan wineries. I want to go to the Centre of the Universe near Kamloops, as well as the Top of the World, also near Kamloops. I’ve never been to Banff. Two bands that I like (Portico and the Rural Alberta Advantage) have written songs about Frank, Alberta. Some day I’d like to make it out to the Dawson City Music Festival. And then there’s the whole state of California, which I have not returned to in some twenty years.

I also want to go to the Lululemon warehouse outlet store off Commercial Drive.