Tuesday, April 8, 2014

The Longest Night: A video of life in Cambridge Bay Nunavut in the winter

Today my band released a little music video for our song The Longest Night, written in collaboration with my friend Charles Lynch (aka Avid Napper).

The video is a montage of home movie footage showing life in Cambridge Bay, Nunavut, during the winters. Besides showing the beautiful landscape that is the Arctic, we're trying to convey the idea of the community having fun together to make it through the long, cold winter nights. Everything was shot by me here in Cambridge Bay. I also explain the meaning behind the song here.

Enjoy!

 

In related news, my band made it to the next round of CBC Music's Searchlight contest for Canada's best new artist! In the first round, 95% of the entries were cut, but thanks to your support, we made it through to the next round. Thanks so much for your votes! Please keep voting - once a day, every day.